Thursday, October 8, 2009

La feria


The fair in Pachuca seems to be the major event of the year in the state of Hidalgo. Equipped with rides and games galore, it made for a fun night out on the town despite the ever-present feeling that I had been transported back in time about 10 years. They even had my favorite horse race game where you roll the ball into a triangular arrangement of holes until your horse makes it to the finish line. I won after I mastered my wall-bank roll. The prize was cheap but it was well worth the personal glory. ha. Check out these less-than mediocre prizes.

Another disturbing encounter was with this live pony merry-go-round... the poor ponies didn't get a single rider in the 2 hours that I was there. They have no shame here when it comes to animal rights.
I was also fortunate enough to meet Nolita's long lost mother, the 5 legged Siamese pictured here. Now that explains a few things...

No comments:

Post a Comment